LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Dario urops, a new species of badid fish from the Western Ghats, southern India (Teleostei: Percomorpha: Badidae)

Home Forums Ichthyology Dario urops, a new species of badid fish from the Western Ghats, southern India (Teleostei: Percomorpha: Badidae)

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  oaken 6 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Stefan

Dario urops, a new species of badid fish from the Western Ghats, southern India (Teleostei: Percomorpha: Badidae)

Preview: http://www.mapress.com/zootaxa/2012/f/z03348p068f.pdf

Zootaxa

Stefan

I would definitely like to read this one. It’s the Karnataka badid, seemingly.

Matt
    Keymaster

Yup, the Karnataka and Wayanad one…think I’ll do a short news item as I’ve some pics of it somewhere.

oaken
    Participant

Cool! Would really like to read the full paper as well if anyone has it. Has this species been known as anything else in the hobby before?

Matt
    Keymaster

Sent. 🙂 Not sure this has been in the hobby outside of India?

oaken
    Participant

Thanks 🙂

Stefan

It was known as Badis sp. Coorg. It’s not kept outside of India yet, indeed. It was originally discovered in 2008 by Rahul Kumar so it has been known for quite some time. And let’s not forget that Francis Day collected them before that back in 1875-1878 (although he identified them as Badis dario).

oaken
    Participant

@stefan said:
    It was known as Badis sp. Coorg. It’s not kept outside of India yet, indeed. It was originally discovered in 2009 or 2010 by Rahul Kumar so it has been known for quite some time. And let’s not forget that Francis Day collected them before that back in 1875-1878 (although he identified them as Badis dario).

Ah right. I remember seeing that post on Petfrd.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.