LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Dead Platy

This topic contains 25 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Eyrie 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

Wow that is one rotund platy! Sofia I’d tend to follow Keith’s advice rather than mine where livebearers are concerned; he has much more experience with them than me. Try doing daily 10% water changes for the next few days and hopefully you’ll see an improvement

keith565
    Participant

that is one huge platy. there could well be eggs if she is not quite ready to drop the fry just yet. try and get the ph up to above 7 and hardness above 15ppm, higher if u can as they will benefit from this.

Sofia

pH is around 7.6 now. If I do more water changes this will rocket though I think.

Will test for ppm this evening.
    pH was never below 7.

Thanks Keith /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Sofia

Just a quick update. As I fed them this morning I watched the 2 female platies closely and one of them, the bigger one, has got a few tiny black dots in her belly

Matt
    Keymaster

Hehe and are you happy about it Sofia? The fry should be clearly visible and about 2-3mm long. Look around the substrate, at the surface and among the plants. They won’t have much colour but their eyes will be obvious

Sofia

Thanks Matt.

I am absolutely chuffed at that. I hope that a few survive

dunc
    Keymaster

Excellent news Sofia

keith565
    Participant

phew, that is good news. plenty of cover on surface and bottom will help them survive.

Sofia

I did add more plants and a few really tall ones that go all the way up. The expectant mothers are seemingly checking out places. I will keep you all posted and maybe start a topic that doesn’t talk about dead fish

Matt
    Keymaster

Ahahaha oooh I do like a surprise

Eyrie
    Participant

QUOTE(Sofia @ Apr 14 2008, 05:05 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I am absolutely chuffed at that. I hope that a few survive
    Author
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.