LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

December 21 Is Parosphromenus nagyi Day!

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes December 21 Is Parosphromenus nagyi Day!

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  harnsheng 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

harnsheng
    Participant

Hey guys, finally manage to spawn this paros after few weeks of no activities from the fish. Feed alots of artemia and mosquitoes larvae and finally, they laid about 30 eggs, counted 25 fries so far, hope i can manage to raise them to adult :mrgreen:

Here’s 2 shots of the fries in the film canister. Not a sharp shot though.. 😳

*pss Stefan, no hard feeling ya.. copying your title XD

Stefan

Congratulations!

Colin
    Participant

Fantastic! I seen the pics on facebook this morning too!

well done!

PS hope these national days of fish holidays takes off!!!!

C.Way
    Participant

amazing, are the parents are taking care of the fries or you hatch them manually?

harnsheng
    Participant

Thanks Stefan and Colin

harnsheng
    Participant

Guys, the same pair spawns again! This time i’ve decided to disturb them a while to get some shots. Here’s some blurry one.. :malu: 😳

Lotsa eggs, 2nd spawn, barely one week after the 1st spawn!

The female is angry, cos i’m disturbing them making loves! :siul:

This is the reason why i fall in love with Parosphromenus genus. Look at the color! Fuhh…

Anyway, i think i’ve disturbed them too much. Hope they can be a good parents and take care of all these eggs for the 2nd time. :beg:

Stefan

Congrats! How’s the first lot doing?

Plaamoo
    Participant

Congrats Harnsheng, nice Christmas present! Lovely little fish!

harnsheng
    Participant

Thanks guys!
    Stefan, the first batch doing fine.. although i cant see all of them properly. Added alot of java moss inside, so… kinda impossible to count them. But most of them seems to be feeding well with big tummy all the time

Stefan

Excellent; I hope many will make it to adulthood. Will you be making pics of the fry as they grow?

harnsheng
    Participant

Yeah, i certainly hope so they can survive to adulthood.
    And yeah, i will try my best to take photos of them, perhaps at weekly or monthly intervals..

Stefan

QUOTE (harnsheng @ Dec 26 2010, 09:55 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Yeah, i certainly hope so they can survive to adulthood.
    And yeah, i will try my best to take photos of them, perhaps at weekly or monthly intervals..

That sounds good; I’m looking forward to the future of this thread. Good luck!

C.Way
    Participant

I vote them for best Christmas present of the year

Matt
    Keymaster

I agree that fry photos would be great! Do you have any good ones of the adults Harn? Just thinking ahead as I’ve been building a good collection of pics from this genus for future profiles…

harnsheng
    Participant

Matt, am trying hard to get a good photos of the adult but they are just too shy! Give me some time, hopefully i can produce some shots /blush.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:blush:” border=”0″ alt=”blush.gif” />

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.