LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Decent Underwater Camera?

Home Forums The Lounge Decent Underwater Camera?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Bluedave 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Bluedave
    Participant

Heh folks – my brother in law is looking for a decent camera to take pics underwater. He’s off to oz on a catameran for a couple of weeks and wants to take pics of fish and stuff – blown all his money on getting there (it’s his second trip to oz in 3 months!) so needs to be value for money.

Anybody got any ideas?

Cheers all

Plaamoo
    Participant

I don’t know much Dave, but Orm & Nonn my friends in Thailand, both use normal digital cameras with waterproof housings. Orm, http://www.mirrorwild.com/ , uses a Canon G 11 with the housing made for it. Nonn uses a Fuji I think but i can’t remember the model. You can buy housings for many makes and models and I think this is the way to go as opposed to buying a dedicated underwater camera. I intend to have one before my next trip!

Matt
    Keymaster

I use the earlier model of this which while nowhere near as good as those that Jim mentions in terms of image quality costs about 200 quid and does a pretty decent job. This new one has an extra 2 megapixels and much bigger lens too by the look of it. Shoots HD movies, too.

Bluedave
    Participant

Cheers Matt – i’ll let him know.

Bluedave
    Participant

Is it the W80 that you have Matt – they are only about £120.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.