LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Did You See 2

Home Forums The Lounge Did You See 2

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  David Marshall 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey Folks

Did members with SKY see ‘Travelogue’ on CCTV? The film crew were at a health spar. The young lady who presents the programme went into a pool to have her feet cleaned. Now we all know about Garra’s in Turkey that perform this task but in China they use Central American cichlids.

If I am correct that the next showing is a repeat programme then U.K.members, with SKY, can catch this programme early on Saturday afternoon.

Regards David

ndc
    Participant

is a health spar like the normal spar but without chocolate? /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />
    only kidding david !!
    wouldnt fancy some of the centrals nibbling on me. i think most fish would have a nibble if they were hungry.

Matt
    Keymaster

QUOTE (ndc @ Mar 18 2009, 09:42 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    is a health spar like the normal spar but without chocolate? /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

And the Ginsters!

David Marshall
    Participant

Yes very funny.

Did you see the poor shoals of fish getting swallowed by the Whales on the BBC documentary this evening. Brilliant photography.

Regards David

ndc
    Participant

saw a decent programme on bbc4 last night about a small village in japan , kind of from the perspective of the river which runs through it. dont know what it was called as i only saw the second half but there was some interesting , and very beautiful gobies.

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey ndc

I missed that one. There have been a number of good programmes on Japan of late. I viewed the one about the annual Salmon run and that was excellent. Until the outbreak of WW2 many people in the coastal areas still maintained a spiritual connection with Salmon and not only did they eat the flesh of these wonderful fish but dried the skin to make sandals.

Regards David

ndc
    Participant

think it may be on again this evening at 9pm on bbc4 if anyones interested

David Marshall
    Participant

Thanks ndc

Will definetly watch.

Regards David

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey

Watched the programme. This one was very different, all about the various cultural aspects of fish in Japan. As much of the fish flesh is eaten fresh some scenes were a little ‘put you off your tea’.

Loved the Koi section. Magnificent fish. Would have loved to have judged at that show. The bloke selling the fermented carp was a right character.

Regards David

ndc
    Participant

was a different programme. maybe it will be on bbc i player?

ndc
    Participant

just had a look on i player, typically its one of the few they dont have on it due to copyright agreements (it was originally screened in japan then dubbed with rich attenborough) , its called satoyama , japans secret watergarden if you want to look for it.

David Marshall
    Participant

Thanks ndc

Regards David

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.