LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Digital Thermometer.

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Digital Thermometer.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  steve01 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

steve01

Hi All, I have just done my weekly maintanance on my tank, water change cleaned the glass and checked the filter, I have added a Digital Thermometer this thing looks so accurate it is showing 25.1c, can you tell me if this temerature is o.k for a general community tank, I have got Ram’s, Keyhole Cichlids, Red Lined Torpedo Fish, Cory’s, Molly’s, Platty’s, Harlequin Tetra’s, Catfish, and a Elephant Nose Fish, and Silver Shark.

Thank You.

Steve.

dunc
    Keymaster

26 would be a bit better for the Rams.. everything else would be fine at that temp too

steve01

QUOTE (dunc @ Oct 11 2008, 12:02 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    26 would be a bit better for the Rams.. everything else would be fine at that temp too

Mark Duffill
    Participant

It would be a good idea to have a glass aquarium thermometer in the tank as well, I had all digitals at one point and decided to check how accurate they are so placed all of the probes in the same jug of water and the lowest reading was around 8 degrees lower than the highest reading and only two of 8 showed the same reading.

I think they have an accuracy of +/- 3′ which gives you a 6′ range of what the temp could actually be.

I have since reverted back to glass thermometers and have found them to be way more reliable.

Bigbadbaz
    Participant

Another vote for glass, they are unaffected by spurious temerature changes so give a better overall reading.

Matt
    Keymaster

…and another.

steve01

QUOTE (Matt @ Oct 11 2008, 09:33 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    …and another.
    Author
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.