LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Domains And Web Hosting

Home Forums The Lounge Domains And Web Hosting

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dunc 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Richy
    Participant

Hi, I’m fedup of my slow and unpredictable freewebs website and I want to try something better. Trying to edit stuff is honestly a PITA, SLOW and sometimes inmpossible with downtime or whatever the excuse is.
    Does anyone have any idea’s of decent free/cheap hosting (NOT Reg-123) Domain names, best offers? I’m not bothereed about transfering my domain name, quite happy to make a new one.
    Best programs to create offline and upload? I could muck about with MS software but pointless if theres a better program to try (FREE) /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />
    Even a link to a dedicated help forum would be great /tongue.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:p” border=”0″ alt=”tongue.gif” /> /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />
    Richy

dunc
    Keymaster

I don’t know who’s cheapest these days.. Matt and I pay for a dedicated server, which is entirely ours, thus meaning we have ~160gb of hosting. I can set up any amount of websites on here.

DataFlame are said to be reasonable, might be worth checking them out. Alternatively we could host the website for you, but because of the time it’d take me and the inevitable long-term “support” that would be required any time problems arose, I doubt we would be able to compete with the likes of Data Flame, cost-wise. I’d probably want £10/month for even a relatively small amount of hosting.

As for actually creating your own website.. the best way to do it, presuming you don’t know any HTML, is to download the superb free content management system WordPress. Might be a bit of a ballache to setup if you don’t know what you’re doing but I can help out if necessary.

Richy
    Participant

Thanks Dunc, I wasn’t expecting you to host my site, it wont be anything really special and I know you have VERY limited time but thanks for the offer /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />
    Cheers

dunc
    Keymaster

I’d be inclined to agree – there’s no such thing as free when it comes to commercial companies.

Registering a .co.uk won’t cost more than a few quid and .coms aren’t too much more. I would never pay more than £10. I think http://www.godaddy.com are the cheapest reliable registration website but check to make sure they accept your form of payment [no Maestro etc AFAIK].

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.