LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Double Spawn..

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Double Spawn..

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dunc 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

dunc
    Keymaster

Since my last spawning thread, the maculatus have had numerous attempts at spawning – most of which were successful spawns, but without any egg-hatching. The male fertilised the eggs, the female guarded them quite aggressively.. but then slowly after a couple of days, she’d start eating them off one by one.

This time though, with a pH of 4.5 (!), the eggs seem to be developing! Small black dots in the eggs last night, then for the first time, she has moved them to a new place. She moved them to the rubber suction cup on my heater (heater fell; suction cup now faces inwards).

Then, further to that, I noticed a very aggressive, yellow female Apistogramma agassizii in the other tank! Male is getting a hiding so I’m going to have to remove him. Presumably they have spawned too.

Today is a GOOD DAY!

Attached files

Matt
    Keymaster

Sorry for late reply mate, and congrats on the spawns

dunc
    Keymaster

Lol how many times do I have to tell you /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” /> Purely acid, yeah.

They’re not free-swimming yet, still on the suction cup. Moving a bit though /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />

dunc
    Keymaster

I have free swimming babies…….. /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

Great news mate

dunc
    Keymaster

Lol I’m trying but it’s really tough! They’re DINKY!

Matt
    Keymaster

Still no pics even though I know you have some

dunc
    Keymaster

Courtesty of Ms McKeown mind, I tried to get pics and failed

Attached files

Matt
    Keymaster

Superb! Is that java moss or a shedload of green algae on the right? Either way looks like they’re having a feast on the wee beasties that’ll be living in there

dunc
    Keymaster

Hehe that’s algae, I always keep my tanks impeccably clean. Honest..

Matt
    Keymaster

How are the wee dudes getting on Dunc?

dunc
    Keymaster

Not looking good

Matt
    Keymaster

Sorry to hear that mate

andrew
    Participant

Did any survive?

They got it right once, so will only be a matter of time till you raise a brood!

dunc
    Keymaster

Nah mate none survived. I was gutted. Female seems to have a bit of a lack of energy at the moment but male is desperate to spawn again

Author
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.