LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Electric Blue Rams

Home Forums My Aquarium Electric Blue Rams

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Matt 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

flashbang
    Participant

Hi all, got 2 male and one female EBR’s a few days ago and put them in a tank with a few spare blue ram females i had in quarentine. One of the EBR males has spawned with a blue ram female, does anybody know what type of rams they might produce-thanks

sharkdude

QUOTE (flashbang @ Oct 2 2011, 03:16 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi all, got 2 male and one female EBR’s a few days ago and put them in a tank with a few spare blue ram females i had in quarentine. One of the EBR males has spawned with a blue ram female, does anybody know what type of rams they might produce-thanks

I believe they call them Powder blue Rams.

Matt
    Keymaster

What is a ‘blue’ ram? The natural colour form? Presumably the ‘EBR’ is this monstrosity?

Thomas

Right Matt

flashbang
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Oct 3 2011, 08:23 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    What is a ‘blue’ ram? The natural colour form? Presumably the ‘EBR’ is this monstrosity?

Both very common names in the aquatic community.
    You obviously haven’t seen the EBR’s in a decent tank set up to appreciate the colours.

Matt
    Keymaster

Wrong, I’m just not a fan of man-made forms of fishes. Personal preference and all…

Those may be common names in the wider aquatic community but here we try to stick to scientific names, or at least non-abbreviated vernacular names, if possible in order to avoid confusion. Plus, most of us are geeks.

Author
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.