LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Expoterraria Part 2

Home Forums The Lounge Expoterraria Part 2

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  mzapater 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

Giant millipede – Archispirostreptus gigas:

Giant Phasmid (stick insect)? This was literally 6″+:

Orchid mantis – Hymenopus coronatus:

Leaf insect – Philium sp.?

Giant armoured cricket – Madiga liberiana. 3″ long and pig ugly!!

4 euro scorpion

Spiders:

Weird but beautiful bugs:

…and their larvae on sale. Manuel bought some of these.

Attached files

Malti
    Participant

*jaw drops*

wow now that place would get me into trouble…got too much animals as is, a scorpion and an arachnid would be pushing it

geordie John
    Participant

What happened to the good old days we used to have fairs like the Granby Halls Entemological fair in Leicester. People in the trade stopped the fairs and started to fix prices as they didnt want hobbyists spolling their buisiness ! mind you it was good when you could pick up Mexican Red Kneed T’s. for 2pound a spiderling at the end of the day LoL

mzapater
    Participant

Eudicella aethiopica were the ones I got after being assured that they are easy to keep and breed.

Too expensive, but their larvae could be a delicatessen for big cichlids

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (mzapater @ Oct 6 2008, 03:59 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Eudicella aethiopica were the ones I got after being assured that they are easy to keep and breed.

Too expensive, but their larvae could be a delicatessen for big cichlids

Daspricey
    Participant

Looks like you guys had good fun.

Matt
    Keymaster

Sadly not David. My landlord looked at me funny when I asked if I could have two tubs of live fish in my bedroom. Not sure how he’d react to anything that has the potential to escape! There were some amazing amphibians there though. Should have my own place sorted by next year’s show too *whistles and hopes gf doesn’t see post*.

dunc
    Keymaster

Just stick to Danios for Christ’s sake /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Oct 12 2008, 12:27 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Sadly not David. My landlord looked at me funny when I asked if I could have two tubs of live fish in my bedroom. Not sure how he’d react to anything that has the potential to escape! There were some amazing amphibians there though. Should have my own place sorted by next year’s show too *whistles and hopes gf doesn’t see post*. /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

and don’t heed what duncan says

mzapater
    Participant

Hi Malti.

Yes, I plan to breed them if possible. Doesn´t seem too difficult. We´ll see.

So far they are at the school laboratory, great chance for the kids to see different animals there.

Best regards,

Manuel…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.