LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Feeding Live Earthworms

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Feeding Live Earthworms

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Malti 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Jarcave
    Participant

Evening all, I was just wondering which of you feed live earthworms to your fish and do you do anything to prep them. I collect mine from the compost bin and leave in some damp kitchen towel for 24 hours before feeding. Does anyone else bother? Or even do anything different?

mickthefish
    Participant

i don’t bother cleaning them as they come from my garden and never use any chemicals there,
    if i chop them up once chopped i run it through water just so i can see how much i’m giving each tank, if whole worms are used for botia and the like they go in as they are.

mick

Malti
    Participant

mick just a word of caution, if neighbours use chemicals, wind or rain might transport them to your garden, so unless you live in the middle of nowhere better be careful

Matt
    Keymaster

I was living in a city centre apartment with no garden in England so I was ordering my worms online…

dunc
    Keymaster

I’ve never tried earthworms myself though I’m fairly sure all of my fish would love it. The smell thing puts me off, living with my parents…

Matt
    Keymaster

Short of marinading them in rose water I can’t think of a way.

dunc
    Keymaster

*marks Saturday down as Matt’s comedy night*

/ to you. I’ll let you use your imagination as to which fingers they are

Malti
    Participant

try freezing them, chop them up and throw them in the water

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.