LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

First Fishies And Tank

Home Forums My Aquarium First Fishies And Tank

This topic contains 39 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Malti 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Amy
    Participant

I decided that I wanted my own tank and some fishies so heres my tank and 4 female Betta splendens.
    I found the girls – red and blue but they were with a yelllow male, so I want to get a similarly coloured male for them.. and some panda cories.

my tank: 35 litre arc tank

my 4 girls

feeding time
    – I have blackout blinds in my room so these help when taking some pics and keeping the tank with less algae when i’m not in

if this one would ever stay still it has the prettiest colours- shes the darkest too looks dark blue most of the time

another one

dunc
    Keymaster

It’s a cute little setup /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />

Amy
    Participant

I went up to feed them again and they are darker, the prettiest girl looks really dark blue body with shiny light blue and red fins now.

they really like your food!

Do you think the spray bar’s in the right place atm it pushes them back with the food but they can swim against it, only if they swim fast though, do i need to point it a different way so they don’t need to swim fast and eat at the same time?

Malti
    Participant

nice bettas…although I got a hunch that one of them is a male plakat (short finned betta)…

do they all have the white spot behind their pelvic fins?

and also if you could add some greens, especially top water plants, the bettas love “perching” on them

mickthefish
    Participant

same as Malti, the prettist looks like a male to me as well, plus i think there could also be another male with the solid reb body with blue in the dorsal.

mick

dunc
    Keymaster

Must admit like we both thought they might not all be girls.

What’s the best/clearest way to truly identify them? I’ll take my camera round tomorrow and spam some pics of the individuals, hopefully you gents will be able to help us out.

Amy
    Participant

QUOTE (Malti @ Jul 22 2008, 09:30 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    nice bettas…although I got a hunch that one of them is a male plakat (short finned betta)…

do they all have the white spot behind their pelvic fins?

and also if you could add some greens, especially top water plants, the bettas love “perching” on them

which one? I got them in peter barrats which are very good at getting the correct species as shown in this post /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” /> as all the ones we saw yesterday at PBs were dying.

They dont stay still long enough to let me look but they all have a shiny bit at their fins.

Malti
    Participant

the prettiest ones a male I bet

dunc
    Keymaster

Definitely noticed one of them flaring their gills out in the shop…

Amy
    Participant

closer together

is this one the male?

Eyrie
    Participant

Lovely fish, although I agree the tank will look better once you’ve had a chance to plant it.

dunc
    Keymaster

Oh aye, indeed

Richy
    Participant

nice little setup there Amy /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” /> A bubblenest won’t survive but the fish won’t mind the current /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

dunc
    Keymaster

Are there low light, fast growing species of plants? The light on it the tank, though pretty, is rather dim…

Richy
    Participant

types of Vallis are normally a good starting point and Cabomba should be ok too but it”s the wrong time of day/night to be asking me Q’s like that /ph34r.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:ph34r:” border=”0″ alt=”ph34r.gif” />
    Here’s a link to info
    Tropica
    This should give you some indication but I’m sure others will post aswell

Author
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.