LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Fish Compatbility

Home Forums My Aquarium Fish Compatbility

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Spud 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Nb2a
    Participant

After losing most of our fish 6 months ago we have been left with one tiger barb and one golden tetra who seem to have survived. They look healthy and the wAter tests are all fine so we want to add some more fish to the tank now. Can anyone recommend some compatible fish please, we would quite like a bottom feeder. Also my husband would like a shark is this compatible? The tank is not huge about 12″ by 26″ by 16″ deep. Any suggestions for compatible fish would be great. Thanks

Matt
    Keymaster

Perhaps start by increasing the numbers of what you already have given both are schooling species?

Eyrie
    Participant

I can’t think of any shark-type fish which would be suitable for that size of tank, sorry.

Spud

Allo,

Don’t know if you’ve already started on your restocking mission but if not, please be careful with the tiger barbs – they can be mean little b*ggers, even in large shoals they can peck and pester any fish not fast enough to get away and they love snacking on fins and tails. Very pretty but in the same way as wasps are!
    Corys are nice little bottom feeders, especially good at whiffling through fine gravel or a sandy substrate – a bit like a Henry hoover!
    Good luck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.