LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Fish ID

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Rüdiger 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Rüdiger
    Participant

Good evening all.

About 4 weeks back I bought a couple of fish on my way back from vacation. The one below was sold as Hara sp. But I was quite sure then already that it wasn’t a Hara. Could this be Erethistes pusillus? They are quite black overall. I Know the photo isn’t all that great. It was taken with a basic point & shoot, no flash. But maybe somebody can help anyway.

Edit: They are about 42mm SL already. Supposedly from summer this year.

Erethistes-sp.2.jpg

I bought an Akysis sp. too that I need help with but so far I had no joy with getting any acceptable shot. 😳 It’ll have to wait a bit.

Regards

R.

Capsfan95
    Participant

I believe that is a Hara jerdoni as I have a about 6 of them. Hope that helps.

Rüdiger
    Participant

Hi Capsfan,

thanx for the reply but it is certainly not H. jerdoni. I’ve got those in the same tank and they are like mouse and elephant, the elephant being the one in the picture above.

Regards

R.

Matt
    Keymaster

Could also be one of the larger Hara species? The.Dark.One may know more…

Rüdiger
    Participant

Thanx Matt but they just do not “feel” like Hara. I used to have Hara hara and still have H. jedoni and the new ones are just different, call it a gut feeling if you want. Since I’m certainly no expert on asian cats I have to go with that.:?

And let The.Dark.One approach.:D

Regards

R.

Capsfan95
    Participant

Wow that is weird because those look very similar to hara jerdoni. 

The.Dark.One

hard to say for definite from that picture but after years of trying to ID erethistins and keeping and photographing them I would say this is an Erethistes pusillus. The small, low,  adipose fin is a good way to ID them. If you can take a clear pic of the pectoral fins from underneath we will be able to tell for sure.

Rüdiger
    Participant

Thank you for that info. I shall certainly try to get that picture you mentioned. Will be a bit of a mission though what with my rather basic cam and the habit of those little buggers to only show themselves once a week, if that. 😕

Regards

R.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.