LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Folifer Brevifilis

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Folifer Brevifilis

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  andy rushworth 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

Think the id is correct? Has this species been seen on sale in the UK by anyone?

Attached files

mickthefish
    Participant

Andy’s the man to tell you that fish is right up his street.
    if they have come in i’d think they would be a contaminant with something else mate.

mick

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Yeah these have made it to the UK, I remember seeing a couple of adult fish and a few juveniles a few years ago in a shipment of fish that came in to Manchester airport at the same time as a mate of mines shipment.

The juveniles had a gold line running the length of the body with a feint black line below, the adults had lost the lines and had red colouration to the fins and the red spot on the back side of the eye is very visible almost iridescent.

I remember them because i commented at the time that they almost had a bone fish/snook type mouth/face and they have absolute buckets for mouths. The juvie’s were around 3″ and the adult fish around 13″ and still looked like they had some growing to do.

Matt
    Keymaster

Do you reckon it’s worth adding then chaps?

andy rushworth
    Participant

Always worth adding Matt

andy rushworth
    Participant

The Chinese fish are Hemibarbus !

coelacanth
    Participant

I look at them and think more about what they’d be like on a fishing rod than in a tank, they do look like a cross between barbel and bonefish and I bet they go like stink!

andy rushworth
    Participant

I see what you mean Pete, I dont think they grow much above 8 inch ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.