LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Food for fish

Home Forums My Aquarium Food for fish

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Matt 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

FunnyGhost
    Participant

Hello,

I am really new to this hobby and I need some help regarding the food for the fish I have.

So, I have 2 tylomelania snails, 6 corydoras sterbai, 6 chinese danio and 10 galaxy rasbora. I plan on adding some ruby barbs and some gouramis I think.

For food I have tetra crisps pro and JBL Novo fect. I heard that tetra is pretty bad. 

Since I live in the Netherlands there are not that many brands available. I only found Sera, Tetra and JBL. What should I get for my fish?

Thanks!

Joaoavo
    Participant

An all-purpose flake food is acceptable, as long as you complement it with something more nutritious everyother day.

You can use a variety of frozen food (brine shrimp, bloodworm, etc) and/or make your own. For years I fed my fish with my own “concoction” and they had very nice colors. I fed them a mixture of shrimp, peas, carrots and spinach, kept together with unflavored gelatin. Search a bit for other recipes and try to make your own. Keep in mind that they will soil the water considerably more than flake food.

Matt
    Keymaster

What are ‘chinese danio’?

If you have a garden or terrace you can easily breed live food during spring and summer and you’ll really notice the difference in your fish.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.