LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Forum formatting opinions

Home Forums Feedback, Suggestions and Support Forum formatting opinions

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Plaamoo 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

dunc
    Keymaster

How is everyone finding the colour scheme?

BallAquatics
    Participant

I’m using the Blue and find it very unobtrusive and easy to read.  Took a bit to find the “New” post though… who would have though they were at the bottom of the page!

Dennis

Matt
    Keymaster

Yeah a few people have said that Dennis.:? It appears to be a limitation of the software we’re using, but we’re trying to find a solution.

BigTom
    Participant

No probs with the colours here (now that the username colours have been changed). I do think that things are a bit too spaced out though… I liked how before you could fit most/everything on one screen vertically and not have to scroll much.

And yeah, I pretty always just check the new posts bit, so having it down at the bottom isn’t perfect.

dunc
    Keymaster

Which “New Posts” area are you gents talking about? Could you screenshot it for me?

We’ll be slowly reducing the number of forums we’re using anyway Tom so hopefully it’ll get vertically narrower over the coming weeks. However, the size of our page header is significantly greater than on the old version of the site, so it’ll never be quite as small.

BigTom
    Participant

About to head off to bed so no screenshot, but I’m referring to the ‘Unread and recently updated topics’ section which is now at the bottom of the main forum page, but was previously accessed by clicking the ‘View new posts’ (or something to that effect) button near the top right of the old forum layout… ie, those threads which have been updated since you were last on the site.

dunc
    Keymaster

Cheers Tom. If you could get a screenshot (no rush), that’d be great. I don’t seem to have that section at all so I’m wondering if I’ve turned it off at some point.

Matt
    Keymaster

Haven’t got it either – admin thing?

BigTom
    Participant

dunc
    Keymaster

Much appreciated Tom – that’s exactly what I thought you were talking about, but I don’t have it on my page at all! 😀

Plaamoo
    Participant

It’s what I have also.

Matt
    Keymaster

I’ve started reducing the number of forums. Nothing has been deleted, just shifted about. Opinions?

BigTom
    Participant

Seems good to me, number of sub-forums definitely more manageable now.

Do Fishkeeping Basics and The Lounge deserve their own subsections?

Matt
    Keymaster

Hmm, let’s see what it looks like without…the idea with keeping the basics bit separate was to make it stand out and thus it followed that the lounge should also have a subsection. Will make some changes shortly.

Matt
    Keymaster

Better now?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.