LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Gastromyzon Type Id

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Gastromyzon Type Id

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Matt 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Plaamoo
    Participant

These are being offered as “Strawberry Spot Sucker Loach, Gastromyzon sp.” Haven’t got anymore info yet. The pic says “Chinese”?? Expensive at $18. ea. Looks familiar but ???? Any ideas?

PS. I asked for a pic and this is what i got. Not sure if it’s actual or borrowed?

Plaamoo
    Participant

I knew I’d seen this fish before. It looks like Zou’s pic that you posted first in this thread Matt, protomyzon??

http://www.seriouslyfish.com/forums/index….;amp;+balitorid?

Matt
    Keymaster

Yup, appears to be the undescribed Protomyzon sp. ‘red spot’ Jim. You going for it?

Plaamoo
    Participant

Trying to find space, and money…..Will let you know. Do you, or anyone have any more info on these? What is typical protomyzon temperament? Are they aggressive??

Feel free to delete this thread or change the title. I’ll start a new one if I get some.

mikev
    Participant

If these are from China, perhaps they are Erromyzons rather than Promomyzons?

Temperament-wise: I only saw small E.sinensis contaminants in a Cheni shipment… they were able to hold their own and I suspect could out-harass Chenis… should be quite interesting…

Is this your store or Wetspot?

…..

of the hillies on the market, I’d consider stigmata first… Imho, more attractive, and active while not vicious…. I’m being tempted to get another 2-3 while i can.

wasserscheu

QUOTE (plaamoo @ Oct 31 2011, 04:37 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>

PS. I asked for a pic and this is what i got. Not sure if it’s actual or borrowed?

http://www.basilaqua.com.cn/html_en/html_e…ry_en_right.htm

scrolled to bottom, left, there it’s called Protomyzon siensis

cu

Matt
    Keymaster

Have split this thread since we were wandering way off topic.

Agreed that the red-spotted fish is more reminiscent of Erromyzon than Protomyzon. At any rate Protomyzon siNensis is a synonym of Erromyzon sinensis and the red-spotted fish doesn’t appear to be that species?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.