LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

General feedback for the website

Home Forums Feedback, Suggestions and Support General feedback for the website

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Matt 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

darrask
    Participant

Dear SF members,

I have been trying to find the most comprehensive resource about aquaria on the web, and that’s where I landed, SF’s main advantage being to come up first in Google with most fish searches. I currently just suppose it’s the best available, but I believe it could but still better.

So after arriving here however, I am a bit lost, and I suppose that’s the same for most non-member visitors.

Where is the “about” page, explaining who maintains the site, who are the members, and well… what is the website about (as the website title really only tells us about the main theme)?

Why is there a separate forum and Q&A section, what’s the difference? It would be best to somehow merge the best features of the two, and have an “about” tab with useful info.

Who can write articles, edit the knowledge base? I signed up to write something in the article categories that are still empty.

Cheers,

Matt
    Keymaster

Hi darrask, thanks for the feedback and apologies for the slow reply. By way of explanation, I have been doing a Master’s course this year and this week was the deadline for my final project, so I’ve had little time for the website over the last month or so. You are right that the site is in need of further improvement, but please understand that every update costs money and time, and we are already running at a small loss each month. Plus, there are currently only two of us running the site, and I have been solely responsible for the content to date, so new information and features can only be added at a limited speed.

The Q&A section was an experiment we tried when redesigning the site to this version, and I don’t think it has really worked. Agree with you it would be ideal to only have the forum and that we need an ‘About’ section.

If you’d like to contribute to the site that would be great – we are totally open in this respect. Hit me up by private message and we can discuss this further.

Cheers,

Matt

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.