LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

'Geophagus' pellegrini

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes 'Geophagus' pellegrini

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  nuchal man 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

Confirmation required please – do these photos depict the real thing?

Attached files

nuchal man
    Participant

Those look good to me

Matt
    Keymaster

Cheers Sam, have you kept this one?

nuchal man
    Participant

Unfortunately not yet. I’ve kept ‘G’. steindachneri and ‘G’. crassilabrus, but not the pellegrini. They’re just starting to become more available here in the states. The price is still quite expensive though, at least for a college student like myself.

Matt
    Keymaster

Ooh, any photos of the ‘G.crassilabris?

nuchal man
    Participant

Sadly, I don’t. I kept them about 5 years ago, before I got into doing photography. They’re very slow growing compared to steindachneri and are far more aggressive, at least in my experience. I wasn’t able to breed these guys, which is a shame as it’s quite a nice looking fish. I haven’t seen these available in the states the last few years either, which is dissapointing.

coelacanth
    Participant

These were on my dream list a couple of decades ago, following a couple of articles on Panama in TFH back when it was good.

nuchal man
    Participant

I find the “Red Hump Eartheater” group to be very interesting fish to keep. There is huge variability of some of these species throughout their range, specifically ‘G’. steindachneri and it wouldn’t be surprising to see a few more species described and placed in a new genus for this group. I believe there is a revision in the works at the moment.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.