LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Geophagus Sp.

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Geophagus Sp.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Mike 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Amy
    Participant

Recognise these Matt?

These were taken yesterday. They’ve settled in nicely, dunc bought 10 Cardinals to go with them (though he reckons he’s probably gonna buy a few more). Really coloured up too.

They’re not scaredy-cats like dunc’s daemon, they’re always at the top of the tank waiting to be fed when you go near them!

dunc
    Keymaster

Indeed, they are gorgeous creatures /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” /> Tried to get a picture of him but too much reflection off the glass, will have to give it a bash when it’s dark.

Btw – wondering if these might be Geophagus abalios (link to example pic here)?

Matt
    Keymaster

Nice pics! Yes Tom and I thought they might be G. abalios, or possibly G. dicrozoster. Bloody lovely things, whichever they are. I miss them but glad they’re in good hands!! Show us a pic of the set-up!

Neal-DA
    Participant

Abalios is a possibility, dicrozoster isnt.
    So hard to ID these creatures as you all know!

They look in top health

dunc
    Keymaster

Cheers Neal /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

Alright Neal!

Neal-DA
    Participant

QUOTE(Matt @ Feb 1 2008, 02:50 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Alright Neal!

Dicrozoster

Thats just my thoughts, you can never be 100% sure without knowing exactly where they were caught

ndc
    Participant

QUOTE(Neal-DA @ Feb 1 2008, 05:36 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    No black marking just infront of the gills, abalios have large heads, dicrozoster are more streamlined

Abalios

Dicrozoster

Thats just my thoughts, you can never be 100% sure without knowing exactly where they were caught

Matt
    Keymaster

On the caudal peduncle Neill?

ndc
    Participant

QUOTE(Matt @ May 1 2008, 01:01 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    On the caudal peduncle Neill?

thats one of the kids favourite words !! no more above the anal fin from memory the 2 stress bars meet about half way down the body and form a Y – its the next set of stress bars after the central spot i think but its very visable (just not on the photos as the fish there are very relaxed) when there a little stressed

Matt
    Keymaster

Sounds like dicrozoster definitely isn’t a possibility for your fish then Dunc. I can’t recall ever seeing that kind of marking when I had them…

Mike
    Participant

Lovely Geos, nice pics.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.