LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Glyptothorax elankadensis (Order-Siluriformes: family- Sisoridae), a new fish species from Manimala River, Kerala, India

Home Forums Ichthyology Glyptothorax elankadensis (Order-Siluriformes: family- Sisoridae), a new fish species from Manimala River, Kerala, India

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Nikhil 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

Biosystematica 6(2)

Abstract

Glyptothorax elankadensis is described as a new sisorid species of the genus Glyptothorax, from Manimala River, Kerala, India. It is characterized as follows: Osseous serrated principal ray of dorsal and pectoral fins, with four pairs of barbels, all fins yellow tipped. Three narrow yellow bands – one mid dorsal and others mid lateral- present on longitudinal axis of body. Two small yellowish round spots on dorsal side downwards and backwards from dorsal fin origin.  Median fontanel on the dorsal side of the head very faint and indistinct. Occipital process does not reach basal bone of dorsal fin. Meristic, metric and other morphological features of G. elankadensis described and compared with its relatives.

nuchal man
    Participant

I’d like a copy if anyone has it.

Thanks,

Sam

Stefan

Me too, please :)

Nikhil
    Participant

I would love a copy too if possible.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.