LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Gobiocichla Wonderi

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Gobiocichla Wonderi

This topic contains 19 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  oaken 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

dunc
    Keymaster

Thanks everyone

Matt
    Keymaster

Species also found in the Upper Niger rapids include 4 species of Nannocharax (think Graeme posted pics of his on here so maybe try a search), Chiloglanis (another type of suckermouth cat), several Barbus of which the only one I’d even heard of was B. callipterus, 3 species of Barilius, Micralestes acutidens, a bunch of gobies and various Alestes. Most of them will be super-hard to get hold of I would imagine except Alestes longipinnis and maybe Nannocharaxthese boys mate.

dunc
    Keymaster

That’s fine mate, cheers. I was sure I’d read somewhere that they liked soft water because I was gonna throw some peat in one of the filters.. but then I read an article saying they were thriving in pH 8.2 – I got a bit confused!

I’ll probably stick some peat in, I’ve got a huuuge bag full as the local garden centres only sell the pure stuff in massive 30kg bags!

Is Alestes the most up to date genus for the long finned Tetra? I think I know it as Brycinus.

Matt
    Keymaster

You’re right love. I just transcribed that from a paper and it was late.

oaken
    Participant

Really cool fish, and nice pictures. How are they behaviour wise? Aggressive?

Hope you manage to breed them

Author
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.