LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Gold Barb In High Flow Tank?

Home Forums My Aquarium Gold Barb In High Flow Tank?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Matt 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hokum
    Participant

I’m thinking of moving my Minnows to a smaller 60L tank and I’m looking for some other mid level fish for my 100L. I’m looking for some slightly more substantial fish. Would Gold Barbs fair ok in a tank with Hillstream Loach and Garra?

Barb Man
    Participant

What temperature is it at please in F too I was thinking if the tank is big enough then you could get some red line torpedo barbs but make sure too get at lest 6 because they really should be kept in more numbers but I have found if there are enough of the same level fish then it is okay or maybe some rosy barbs and gold barbs should be okay really you could look through puntius and look for medium sized fish

Barb man

Eyrie
    Participant

Although red line torpedo barbs would appreciate the current needed for both hillstream loaches and garras, a 100L tank lacks the swimming room required for an active shoaling species that grows to 6″.

Hokum
    Participant

The tank is usually at 22C (70F?) I had considered that torps needed higher temps and larger thanks than my 36″ I see Eyrie agrees.

Matt
    Keymaster

P. semifasciolatus should do ok but you might find they spend most of their time in the lower half of the tank. One of the smaller Devario spp. might prove ideal for the upper levels?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.