LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

'Gold' Harlequin Rasbora

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes 'Gold' Harlequin Rasbora

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  David Marshall 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

Any of you guys know how this nasty creature is produced? The body shape looks all wrong to me…

Attached files

mickthefish
    Participant

it’s a bloody crime that these people produce things like this, why can’t they just leave it up to nature.?
    here’s a pic i took a couple of days ago of some i got from my mate little Al Vass, they are superb and tank bred.
    no colour touch up was used.

mick

Mark Duffill
    Participant

I have some stunners like that myself Mick, lovely looking fish /sad.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:(” border=”0″ alt=”sad.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

Oh no what’s happened to the Inlecypris?

Mark Duffill
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Apr 7 2009, 07:04 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Oh no what’s happened to the Inlecypris?

I have seen them in at least a dozen shops now and they horrific, their shape is not as sleek and streamlined as it should be and their faces are rounded with what can only be described as a drooping mouth

Matt
    Keymaster

…yeah and they’re from a relatively restricted gene pool in the first place. Bloody hell. My Inlecypris were such lovely, streamlined fish.

Mark Duffill
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Apr 7 2009, 08:29 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Back to the monstrosity in the pic; do you think these are line-bred or hybridised with something else?

Hard to say Matt, either way they look pretty screwed up

Eyrie
    Participant

I have a couple of dozen harlequins only a couple of yards to my left and that pic is of a very unattractive fish. What’s the point?

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey

Sri Lanka is not a country quickly associated with the production of fish for the aquarium. However, according to information given to me by one of the FNAS Judges, this is the country of ‘original origin’ of the cultivated gold form of Harlequin Rasbora.

As a strange quirk it appears that the breeder concerned produced this strain during attempts to produce a Harlequin with no gold colour in the body.

I have seen the commercially produced Inlecypris and they are a sad sight.

Regards David

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.