LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Gonoproktopterus curmuca=karnataka

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Gonoproktopterus curmuca=karnataka

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Shankar 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

andy rushworth
    Participant

My reputation as a keeper of silver fish is solidified yet again /thumbs_up.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:thumbsup:” border=”0″ alt=”thumbs_up.gif” /> they remind me a little of marine Goat Fish ?

The colouration is actually quite nice apart from the caudal tips being black and orange/red ,the fins also have a pleasing yellowish tint

Attached files

Fevz
    Participant

Cute looking fish. Do you only have one specimen? The back of my brains tells me that this is a shoal type of fish

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Lovely fish Andy

Matt
    Keymaster

Is the genus name confirmed Andy, and is there some confusion surrounding the species name too?

andy rushworth
    Participant

I think so yes ,but not certain of the detail’s

Shankar

Lovely fishes, Andy!

In the wild, I have seen them in schools of 3 to 6 fish. Recently, I did get a chance to tape a video of them in the wild. Will post that sometime soon.

I refer these as Indian native Xenotilapia, for the typical behaviour. : )

andy rushworth
    Participant

Oooh that sounds great Shankar /wub.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:wub:” border=”0″ alt=”wub.gif” /> .

Shankar whats the largest specimen you have seen ?

Hi Fevz ,I keep five of them ,nice temprement they are too !

Shankar

The biggest one I’ve seen till date was about 15 inches approx. The tail colouration was still very much prominent even at that size. I’ve heard they grow even bigger.

andy rushworth
    Participant

Hi Shankar , 15 inches wow ,now that would be a sight ,I’d heard even bigger , up to a metre ? but then people started thinking that the sp/s had been mixed up hence causing confusion ?

As for mine I’ll be happy if they make 20cms

Shankar

To my raw eyes, both curmuca and kolus look the same. : (

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.