LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Greedy Curmuca !

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Greedy Curmuca !

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  andy rushworth 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

andy rushworth
    Participant

Hi all last weekend I went to Pier Aquatics and treated myself to some fish [first time in ages !] I picked up six Puntius Chalakudieensis and two Gonoproktopterus , now Hypseleobarbus Curmuca , unusual for me to buy cyprinids in two’s I’ll have to go back at some stage and pick up a few more , because one of the two fish is a little on the dominant side ,it isn’t aggressive in a violent way , its just at feeding time it is a little dominant and trys to shield the other fish from the food , though the other fish does manage to eat ,I feel a small group would work better as the dominant fish would spend too much time doing this hence not feeding its self /wub.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:wub:” border=”0″ alt=”wub.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

We had these in at the shop I used to work in Andy – they seemed quite easy to keep and feed but didn’t sell very well, maybe because they were priced at 15 quid each. If I remember right they were still there when I left for Spain!

andy rushworth
    Participant

Hi Matt, that’s roughly a third more than I paid /blink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:blink:” border=”0″ alt=”blink.gif” /> but in truth if I could grow these fish to 12 inches I’d be really chuffed ! I’ve had H. jerdoni in the past and managed to grow them to 10 inches , and they are quite a deep bodied fish , aka tinfoil barbs ! so I’m hoping the slimmer profile of these fish will really set them off

Author
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.