LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Guianacara Ready To Go

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Guianacara Ready To Go

This topic contains 26 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  ndc 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Neal-DA
    Participant

Are you willing to ship these?

Id be interested in taking a few if so!

ndc
    Participant

where to? ive shipped a lot of fish before so it wouldnt be a problem and ive got a couple of poly boxes

Matt
    Keymaster

QUOTE(ndc @ Jun 22 2008, 05:37 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    i see, thought it was a long way to go for jds

Yeah and what´s nice about it is that it´s a naturally-occuring variant not a selectively-bred job.

Neal-DA
    Participant

QUOTE(ndc @ Jun 23 2008, 09:31 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    where to? ive shipped a lot of fish before so it wouldnt be a problem and ive got a couple of poly boxes

Sorry for late reply, i was expecting a big fat NO!

Im in devon mate

ndc
    Participant

if you pay for the postage ill send you some , i always used a courier so it would be about £18 – £24 for next day delivery with them, let me know

ndc
    Participant

im going to have a look for another cable for my camera today so ill try and get some pics

ndc
    Participant

been having a good look at the fish today while doing a water change, from descriptions ive found i believe they are g.cuyunii, described in 2006 by yepezi there arent any photos i can find but the description looks right. destinguishing features are – mid lateral band is 3 scales at top and 2 at bottom, they have retained the 3 black spines on the dorsal and also the pectoral fins dont reach the anal fin so these fish are either cuyunii or yet another undescribed species .

Sojapat

Here there are a few pics of the Blue Dempsey
    http://thepieraquatics.blogspot.com/
    scroll down a bit they are there .

Matt
    Keymaster

This is G. stergiosi that was described in the same paper as cuyunii. Male at the front. They look similar Neill?

Attached files

ndc
    Participant

similar but they never lose their black band – like the one on the right , also the band continues on to the dorsal, and they have a slim red band alond the top of the dorsal on the tips

mickthefish
    Participant

they look beautiful, if i was still into cichlids i’d be knocking on your door for some of them.

mick

ndc
    Participant

free to good home !!

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.