LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Havent Been Around Because…

Home Forums The Lounge Havent Been Around Because…

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Eyrie 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Reva
    Participant

Caught my shoe in some driftwood at the beach, and took a complete Non Aikido faceprint of a fall. Left leg got fractured shin bone (from hitting ROCKS) and seriously bad bruising. Of course, the Murphy’s Law of it all is that my laptop’s harddrive died from the shock, so I have to creak and limp downstairs to my office and BigMac to post or surf. owie owie owie…

This is the lounge, but I didnt want to make ya laugh…but it’s ok if you do after all my martial art bragging *sigh*

AlakaAlaki
    Participant

Yikes, sounds painful!
    Heres to a quick recovery! *raises glass*

dunc
    Keymaster

QUOTE (Reva @ Mar 30 2009, 04:31 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Ever try doing water changes for three big tanks on one leg?

On a weekly basis /ohmy.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:o” border=”0″ alt=”ohmy.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

We’re going to be the world’s first website for one-legged fishkeepers at this rate. /wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” />

Reva
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Mar 30 2009, 04:50 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    We’re going to be the world’s first website for one-legged fishkeepers at this rate. /wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” />

he barbeques…

ndc
    Participant

get a piece of garden hose and let gravity do the work. i syphon out of my tank into the waste and then fill up direct from the tap , easy peasy !

Eyrie
    Participant

Ouch! Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I use a python for water changes, but a length of hose works just as well. Either way, add the dechlorinator to the tank as you’re refilling.

Reva
    Participant

Sounds like a plan guys! /wacko.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:wacko:” border=”0″ alt=”wacko.gif” />

thelizzious

I also do the bucket type refreshing, but I have the luxury of a rollator, normally for the elder people but also for the poor-legged ones. Just put the bucket on the seating and drive it to the sink and the otherway arround. I got three tanks to refresh weekly too, but I couldn’t do that without the “four-wheeled-walker”. Have a speedy recovery Reva!

Eyrie
    Participant

QUOTE (Reva @ Apr 1 2009, 02:45 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    That must be SOME kinda good tap water you have!

I’m lucky that I live in a softwater area and my preferred fish all come from softwater areas.

Howver I don’t add the tapwater directly to the tank but instead fill large containers that sit next to the tank overnight. This lets the water get up to temperature and the dechlorinator take effect. I also add some bicarb at this point to buffer my kh.

The next day I use the python to vac and remove the old tank water before pumping the fresh water into the tank with a powerhead and hose that I have.

I’m too lazy for buckets

Reva
    Participant

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Apr 1 2009, 09:54 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I’m lucky that I live in a softwater area and my preferred fish all come from softwater areas.

. I also add some bicarb at this point to buffer my kh.

I do the exact opposite!
    /cool.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”B)” border=”0″ alt=”cool.gif” />

Eyrie
    Participant

You could try collecting rainwater in a butt and mixing that with some tap water to add to the tanks at a change. Rainwater is naturally soft as it doesn’t get the opportunity to absorb minerals until it’s in the ground.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.