LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Hayling Island

Home Forums The Lounge Hayling Island

This topic contains 17 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  David Marshall 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

keith565
    Participant

if anyone is going, look me up on the viviparous (livebearer) stand. hope to see some of you there.

Attached files

Bluedave
    Participant

You must know Alan then mate?

Went a couple of years ago – was very good indeed. Too busy sorting other things out this year.

andrew
    Participant

Have been to the show a couple of times when I lived in the UK – but it’s a bit of a trek these days!

keith565
    Participant

QUOTE (Bluedave @ Oct 6 2009, 06:30 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    You must know Alan then mate?

Went a couple of years ago – was very good indeed. Too busy sorting other things out this year.

yup, i know Alan.lol.
    he’s like the scarlet pimpernel at the moment.

Matt
    Keymaster

Sorry Keith had to shift this to the lounge buddy.

keith565
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Oct 8 2009, 02:38 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Sorry Keith had to shift this to the lounge buddy.

NP mate. what was i thinking,lmao. cheers. well, setting off now, got a 9 hour drive (maybe much longer if my missus turns off the sat nav and decides to direct me instead).lol. we went through doncaster city 3 times last year, what’s worse is we were already an hour past it.lmao. women, gotta love them. /rolleyes.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:rolleyes:” border=”0″ alt=”rolleyes.gif” />

Bluedave
    Participant

You cant go wrong – it’s motorway all the way!

Matt
    Keymaster

Have a great time Keith and good luck with negotiating the urban sprawl that is Doncaster.

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey Folks

Less of the cheek about Yorkshire Mr. Ford.

Keith hope you had a good journey home. Your Viviparous stand was excellent.

A smashing weekend. Spectacular Koi, Discus, Goldfish and planted aquaria.

Taking our stand stuff by train was difficult but we did our best. Sue and I learned much about presentation and got plenty of ‘feedback’ for Aquarium Gazette.

Regards David

keith565
    Participant

it was so good to see you and sue there. it must have been very hard to take all that to hayling on the train, i know we struggled with a car full.
    we were very pleased with the stand this year. although the fish were still not 100% colourd up. needs a few tweaks for next year.
    i picked up a few fish. some corydoras weitzmani, limia perugiae, xenotoca melanosoma, zoogoneticus quitzoensis ( lake chapala) which is a different collection to the one i have, some stunning flame tail cofertail guppies and a few other odds and sods.
    i’ll upload some pics asap.

Matt
    Keymaster

Mmm, nice choices Keith. *licks lips*

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey Keith

Yes the train going down, via London, was a struggle with our stuff. Going home was even more so as we could only get reserved seats via Reading and Sheffield, so this made the journey very long. By chance, when we got to Reading, an elderly gentleman I had worked with at Helmsley Walled Garden got onto the train so we had extra company.

Not to moan though as we thoroughly enjoyed Hayling Island.

Look forward to seeing your photographs.

Regards David

keith565
    Participant

first lot of pics are some of the fish on display or in the numerous shows held over the weekend.

Attached files

keith565
    Participant

a few pics of the general set up, the marques, society stands and society tanks.

Attached files

keith565
    Participant

and finally a few of the local wildlife.

Attached files

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.