LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Help Needed

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Plaamoo 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ender2811
    Participant

I’ve had some fatalities in my tank recently.
    About a week ago a zebra danio died after getting a big bulge on its side. It took about 4 days from when I first noticed it to when it died. Today a peppered cory ended up the same way. It went even faster. Yesterday evening it was eating and behaving normally, only having a little red discoloration on the abdomen. This morning it was floating belly up, stuck in the filter intake. After observing it for a while in the q tank I decided to euthanize it.

This is what it looked like.

The wound on the danio looked worse, larger (more of a bulge). The tissue on its abdomen seemed like it was tearing and it had actually split apart or burst at one point. No picks of that one.

Any ideas? Parasites? Bacterial?
    What course of action would u advice? Would hate to see the other fish getting sick.
    Water parameters are good, no NH3 or NO2, NO3 low tens. pH and temp stable. No visible marks, wounds, scars on other tank occupants.

Thanks.

Attached files

Matt
    Keymaster

Looks like internal haemorrhaging of some kind? Have you added any new fishes recently?

ender2811
    Participant

I added 3 A. agassizii couple of weeks ago.

Matt
    Keymaster

Were they quarantined beforehand? If not they may have brought some bacterial or other infection with them.

ender2811
    Participant

Maybe.
    Is there something that u can think of that would cause that kind of damage without exhibiting any kind of symptoms on the apistos. They look and act very healthy, one of them even had a batch of eggs in the meantime.
    Would you recommend any kind of preemptive treatment? If it is a bug it hits real fast. The first zebra went from fine to dead in less than a week. And it looked very nasty.

Plaamoo
    Participant

I hate to say it, but I think you have to consider mycobacteria. I think it’s typical for it, and other infections, to affect weaker fish and not necessarily wipe out the whole tank.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.