LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Help with identification of these squishy organisms please?

Home Forums Invertebrates & Other Critters Help with identification of these squishy organisms please?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  coelacanth 3 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

silvery92

Squirt-3-1.jpgSquirt-3-2.jpgSoft-2.jpgSoft-1.jpgDSC_4891.JPG

silvery92

The first and second last organisms seem to have tentacles and a center mouth of some sort… Even a nudge in the right direction would be most appreciated! 

coelacanth
    Participant

You don’t say where you the pictures were taken (always important when organism ID is involved) but the first few look like a burrowing anemone sp. found in tropical SE Asia.

silvery92

You don’t say where you the pictures were taken (always important when organism ID is involved) but the first few look like a borrowing anemone sp. found in tropical SE Asia.

Ahh sorry I was in a rush. But yeah, I live in Singapore, which is part of tropical SE Asia. Thanks so much, that really helps! (:

silvery92

I’ve found out that the first one is a “hermit-hitching anemone”, but has yet to be identified. 

silvery92

Okay with much searching I have found out the first organism is a Caliactic tricolor, or a tricolor anemone!

coelacanth
    Participant

Not unless it’s very lost it isn’t, that species is native to the eastern US…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.