LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Help! :(

This topic contains 40 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author

dunc
    Keymaster

Most of the fish in my big tank are looking pretty ill and I have no idea what the problem is.

They’re clamped and bits of their fins look like they’re “eroding” – white stumps on the end of little tears/splits.

Any ideas?

Matt
    Keymaster

Oh no Dunc

dunc
    Keymaster

Regular 10 day water changes as always.. if anything it seems to have come about AFTER doing a water change?

I’ve hoyed some Myxazin in – it looks like a bacterial infection and I’m getting really worried.

Have already lost both the female steindachneri and my last Panda.. the male Stein is on his last legs as is one of your old Satanopercoids (the runtish one).

I think the Satanopercoid will recover but not looking too good for the Stein :/

Matt
    Keymaster

Bugger

dunc
    Keymaster

Aye and tbh I usually sit down and make sure they’ve eaten all their food anyway – now that I’m in the house they’re not on the auto feeder.

I use a dechlorinator as standard and that claims to break up heavy metals.. dunno how true that is though.

Matt
    Keymaster

Hmm, ok mate. Try to grab some pics when you have time. Good luck with them in the meantime.

dunc
    Keymaster

It’s taken a nasty death toll.. two cories, tetra, two female steindachneri (looking like the male will die shortly too tbh). :'(

The bigger fish are mostly fine, thankfully.

Matt
    Keymaster

It would make sense that the smaller fish would be affected first mate. Fingers crossed for the others.

dunc
    Keymaster

Not much else to show. Lots dead.. bigger fish are either seemingly fine or clamped with little white tufts in “fin rips” etc. One daemon has some white over the top of his eye.

Attached files

Matt
    Keymaster

Mmm, it reminds me of ammonia burn. As I mentioned earlier mate, I think the water board may have added something odd to the supply that day you did your last water changes. They sometimes do this to help sanitise the pipes. I’d suggest a 30-50% water change today and again tomorrow. Good luck!

Adam
    Participant

I hope I am not too late on this one. I am with Matt looks like Northumbrian Water are dosing

Matt
    Keymaster

How are the fish Dunc?

dunc
    Keymaster

Well apart from the aforementioned death toll they seem ok.

They’ve unclamped now.. daemon still has a little bit of white on one eye but I think that’ll go fairly soon.

Remaining lot: two cories, two of your satanopercoids, three daemon.

Heavy losses

Matt
    Keymaster

Oh mate

dunc
    Keymaster

Yeah, he’s tough as hell that one. Basically all of the smaller fishes died and the bigger ones made it through.. excluding the supernaturally tough cories

Author
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.