LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Help! :(

This topic contains 40 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author

dunc
    Keymaster

Oh btw, managed to get a pic of one of the dead fishes before I removed him.

Not nice, as you can see – fairly sure it wasn’t just ammonia burn.

Attached files

Matt
    Keymaster

No mate that is nasty. Poor guy

dunc
    Keymaster

Nah, haven’t spoken to them. I have heard they’re increasing their dosage of fluoride.. surely that can’t affect the fishes though? Lots of places with fluorised water.

Matt
    Keymaster

The water in Newcastle is already dosed with fluoride mate. It’s one of the few areas of the country that is at present, so I don’t think that’ll be the cause. The government are talking about adding fluoride nationwide, and it’s causing a bit of a rumpus with some environmental groups. I don’t want to bore anyone here, but if you’re interested have a look at this link.

Any updates on the fish?

dunc
    Keymaster

They’re still not “right”. They’re wearing mild stress colours almost permanently, fins still quite close to their bodies.. doesn’t seem to be any white markings or clouding on the eye now but they’re still not happy

dellag
    Participant

Dunc mate we had the same problem in the shop last week. We dosed the whole lot with Baktopur and they all recovered from then.

Della

dunc
    Keymaster

I started to treat with Waterlife’s Myxazin but then stopped the treatment after a couple of days.

It looks like a bacterial infection but as Matt says – where would it have come from?

dellag
    Participant

Think as we are in the same neck of the woods and it happened at the same time, it’s safe to say it was northumbria water adding stuff.

Della

dunc
    Keymaster

Useless ******* ****s.

dellag
    Participant

exactly mate.

Della

Matt
    Keymaster

Definitely sounds like the water board dosed the supply with something nasty for a day or two doesn’t it? Sigh… Dunc Baktopur is a Sera product. Maybe try that if there’s no sign of improvement.

dunc
    Keymaster

Myxazin is Waterlife’s anti-bac stuff (presumably similar to the Sera schtuff).. always heard it was extremely good for anti bacterial. Should I just dose with that? It’s a 5 day treatment.

Matt
    Keymaster

If you’ve started a course then it’s probably better to see it through in my opinion mate. Never a good idea to throw in too many chems at once.

dunc
    Keymaster

Nah I started dosing with Myxazin like a week ago, did two days then started doing the heavy water changes.

Matt
    Keymaster

In that case I’d be more tempted to try what Della used if she’s had results. I’ve always liked melafix too as it’s mainly composed of organic chemicals.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.