LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Hi Everyone – I'm New

Home Forums The Lounge Hi Everyone – I'm New

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  oaken 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Nedra
    Participant

Hi all,
    Thank you for letting me join your group. Lot’s of knowlege in this group and boy do I need help more often than not.
    A little about me: I have 7 tanks –6 currently set up. 3 – 10 gals, 1 – 20 gal long, 1 – 30 long and 1 – 30 tall (not currently set up) and one 55g. I got the 30 long many years ago and have sat it up and torn it down several times — pulling it out of storage about 4 years ago, I set it up for some little angel fish – they eventually grew up and started pairing off. Long story short, I didn’t think I could work and feed their babies so gave them away to a “stay-at-home” Mom and she lost them to some strange malady.
    I then decided to get 4 pairs of German Rams at the Greater Chicago Cichlid Swap and a pair of those spawned and raised the babies for about 4 days – then ate them. I also bought 2 pairs of Apistogramma Cacatuoides – knowing absolutely nothing about these little dwarf cichlids. They were young adults and immediately began spawing in every tank I’ve had them in. I’ve made so many mistakes — but the fish are excellent little parents — I currently have 3 week old fry in the 55gal community tank — (not planned – but I can’t remove them without tearing up the aquascape) and I’ve got new babies in the 20 gal long. I’ve got a big bowl of infusoria culture on top of my entertainment unit in the livingroom (for sunshine), microworm culture and two baby brine shrimp cultures in the linen closet (becaus it’s warm in there) strainers and siphon tubes on the kitchen counter, etc., etc..
    How could something so innocent as a single tank, evolve into this truckload of tanks and equipment in 4 short years?!!!!
    So that’s my story .. I’m in over my head, enjoying it and learning something new everyday.

thelizzious

Hi Nedra, welcome on Seriously Fish. I know what you mean. It started very innocent with me too and it became an addiction very soon. I have learned very much here, so you made an excellent choice to come here.

Matt
    Keymaster

Very nice intro Nedra and glad you like the look of the place!

oaken
    Participant

Welcome

Author
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.