LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Hiding Plumbing Tubes

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Hiding Plumbing Tubes

This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

thelizzious

Dutch daft woman in need of some simple answers….http://www.seriouslyfish.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=806) but reading this made me a bit cautious ( a lot in fact), so I wonder if there is an other way to bring in a three-way tube and hide it somehow as natural as possible.
    Okay, I am gonna hide now, so you can have a good laugh at me.

Matt
    Keymaster

I’d give the moss a try Liz. It’s really easy to grow. Failing that you could use Anubias which is another type of plant that can be grown attached to bits of decor.

Malti
    Participant

if u have patience and time you could use sealer to glue small pebbles on the pipes – just make sure sealer is fish friendly

thelizzious

I like the thought of using pebles, Malti, but that would mean that I run into the same problem I had with the glass marbles. I am allergic to glue, sealant, housepaint and stuff (copd). Thanks for thinking with me though.
    Matt, the whole idea of moss and cotton makes me see carpets, now if they would only fly…

Malti
    Participant

sorry lizz forgot about it – well you could pay me a ticket to tulip land, and I’ll glue the pebbles for u /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

Just don’t ket him near any coffee shops before setting him loose with the solvents Liz. /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

keith565
    Participant

using silicone and gravel is the easiest and simplest way of doing what you want, so simple you could ask anyone to do it for you, so you don’t have to be about while they get on with it.
    simply tell them to cover the tube with silicone and roll it in some dry gravel, hey presto, done.

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (keith565 @ Nov 6 2008, 01:19 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    using silicone and gravel is the easiest and simplest way of doing what you want, so simple you could ask anyone to do it for you, so you don’t have to be about while they get on with it.
    simply tell them to cover the tube with silicone and roll it in some dry gravel, hey presto, done.

there goes my trip to tulip land! /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

thelizzious

QUOTE (Matt @ Nov 5 2008, 11:12 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Just don’t ket him near any coffee shops before setting him loose with the solvents Liz. /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

Darn, there goes my idea of rolling them into weed-leafs….

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (thelizzious @ Nov 6 2008, 02:13 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Darn, there goes my idea of rolling them into weed-leafs….
    /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />

thelizzious

Singing and dancing, huh?
    Nope, I did something entirely different.
    I tied lots of colorless cotton around the tube, which is Y shaped.
    Then I tied some lose ends of superfluous oxygen plants (which grows in abundance and in meters here) around it. I soaked the tube in water in which I have added some EasyLife, I kinda hoped the water would make the whole construction heavy enough. Well, it didn’t. So I had to improvise (I loved to watch McGyver when I was young….Sh..t, that gives away my age!) I burried the whole thing with lots and lots of fine yellow riversand and very fine white gravel. I dumped a few heave seashells on top of it for some extra weight. (My fry loves to hide inside those shells.) I hope that, in time, there will grow some plants on the small mountain I created. But for now it looks like the miniature of the St Gothard Tunnel where a landslide took place. (yeah, I know how dramatic that sounds, I am actually pretty good at that!) I am gonna dig my self in, awaiting your comments…..

Eyrie
    Participant

Sounds good

Malti
    Participant

// seconded

btw I used to watch mcgyver when I was a kid as well…so u must be around 25 then

thelizzious

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 6 2008, 09:38 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Sounds good

thelizzious

QUOTE (Malti @ Nov 6 2008, 09:41 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    // seconded

btw I used to watch mcgyver when I was a kid as well…so u must be around 25 then /wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” />
    I might have some good news, my cory’s are courting. Or they are telling me they want a T tube instead of a Y tube.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.