LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Hill Stream Loach Week At Aquarium Glaser

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Hill Stream Loach Week At Aquarium Glaser

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  David Marshall 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

Doubtless the loach boys will have seen these already but this German wholesaler has just imported a few different species of Balitorid loaches among which is some very interesting stuff indeed. Some of the better shops in the UK will probably have some of these on sale soon too.

Crossostoma lacustre which is endemic to Taiwan.

Homaloptera tweedei; very cute.

Vanmanenia pingchowensis. An exceptionally rare Chinese species.

Xanthic form of Sinogastromyzon wui.

…and the normal form.

…and this one which is listed as Erromyzon sinensis but actually looks like (and probably is) Pseudogastromyzon cheni.

Attached files

Mark Duffill
    Participant

They are lovely aren’t they /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />

That Erromyzon sinensis is almost certainly P. cheni

Matt
    Keymaster

Looking at the dorsal I’m almost 100% too mate. When are you getting the new Sewellia? *licks lips*

Mark Duffill
    Participant

As soon as my new breeding tanks are up and running in the shed, I have the tanks but havent had chance to start building the framework etc yet.

I will probably end up picking them up on my way back from doing my loach talk down in Brighton in June

Matt
    Keymaster

Nice. Where is it at and what’s the specific subject? /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />

Mark Duffill
    Participant

I am doing talks at Ryedale AS (1st April), Mid-Sussex, Brighton (11th June) and Sheaf Valley, Sheffield (14th July) and I have been penciled in for the Corby AS mini convention in September.

I have also been invited out to Norway next Summer /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey MD

We are looking forward to Wednesday and a ‘proper posh’ talk.

Regards David

Matt
    Keymaster

Mark on tour, brilliant! /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

David Marshall
    Participant

Shame on you Matt Ford

Mark will be made most welcome as folk from Cleveland are ‘almost Yorkshire’ and don’t need a passport to come across the border point at Chopgate (or Chopyat as it is pronounced).

Regards David

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.