LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Hisonotus nigricauda

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Hisonotus nigricauda

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  torso 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

torso
    Participant

lately I’ve got some specimen ot this lovely little species imported by Glaser from Paraguay. Remembers Otocinlus and is perfect in adaption to the habitat.

Brown on a piece of wood

http://www.aquarium-glaser.de/de/hisonotus…da_de_1405.html

and in my tank

Kept in soft water of Kh 4 without heating – 20-22° at the moment
    Cheers Charles

Attached files

Matt
    Keymaster

Wow you’ve been busy Charles! Same?

torso
    Participant

I doubt it, Matt. I can’t see the clear brown lateral stripe, the markings are different and no blue/violet eyes (?) May be they change when settled in?
    Cheers Charles

Matt
    Keymaster

Ok, cheers Charles.

torso
    Participant

Otothyropsis piribebuy (?), Matt.
    In other words: Otocinclus paulinus, Otocinclus sp. “Negros”, LG 2, Macrotocinclus paraguay, M. negros, Parotocinlus paraguay, P. negros all the same. The species comes from Paraguay
    http://www.welsfans.de/index.php?art=1179

H. nigricauda is noted for Brazil (fishbase) or Uruguay (welsfan.de), Paraguay (Glaser) seems to be wrong.
    Cheers Charles

Matt
    Keymaster

Mmm, I’m not 100% convinced having had a quick scan of the description Charles, but my knowledge of loricariids isn’t the best.

The.Dark.One

I don’t think they are O. piribebuy. It doesnt seem to match the nigricauda that is in the Taxonomic review of Hisonotus Eigenmann & Eigenmann (Siluriformes: Loricariidae: Hypoptopomatinae) from the laguna dos Patos system, southern Brazil (though nigricauda is found in Paraguay). The tail pattern is closer to Hisonotus notatus but I can’t be sure (and so far that isnt recorded from Paraguay).

torso
    Participant

a detail

Attached files

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.