LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Horror Stories

Home Forums The Lounge Horror Stories

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  poshsouthernbird 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ferox
    Participant

What this forum appears to lack (or maybe I haven’t found it yet) is a good “Horror Story” thread. We’ve all seen pretty dodgy setups in shops and restaurants, wish I’d thought to take a photo of the goldfish in a bowl with a parrot cichlid on a bar in Singapore I saw a couple of years back!

To start the ball rolling here’s a picture of a tank in the dodgy hotel I’m staying in at Harwich tonight. It’s about 3 foot square by 2 foot high, 50% empty apparently through evaporation so 50% of the heater is out of the water, and the inhabitants are one 10 inch plec (probably common plec) and a single tetra which I haven’t bothered to try to identify, second photo.

Attached files

boyneburn
    Participant

The hotel obviously doesn’t have a keen aquarist on the staff Gordon,you should do a water change while you’re there.

ferox
    Participant

Good idea Roy, I could come back regularly to do it, say every couple of years, probably more often than they get attention now.

poshsouthernbird
    Participant

You can find a horror story on pretty much every internet fishkeeping forum from what I’ve seen … which is why SF is so refreshing, seems to be the exception /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” /> OH hasn’t been to that hotel for a while now so we don’t know if the fish are still ok but by doing what he could to educate the receptionists he gave them a better chance than they’d otherwise have had /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” /> Or send them to the manager with a letter outlining your concerns, it might just be that no one understands what’s needed so everyone thinks it’s ok. Show them it’s not ok and they might do something about it

Colin
    Participant

In the mid 90s, i once ended up doing a water change in a pub’s tank in Glasgow one night – saved a big shoal of silver sharks and clown loaches that were at the surface gasping and spinning in circles. Cant remember if I got a free pint or not? lol

boyneburn
    Participant

QUOTE (Colin @ Jun 9 2011, 12:28 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    In the mid 90s, i once ended up doing a water change in a pub’s tank in Glasgow one night – saved a big shoal of silver sharks and clown loaches that were at the surface gasping and spinning in circles. Cant remember if I got a free pint or not? lol

Probably not Colin

ferox
    Participant

Unlike your OH’s goldfish, PSB, this tank is certainly not new, I’d guess it and the fish have been there a long time, and it isn’t in a prominent part of the reception area (a dingy lobby actually) so if anyone was likely to get interested in it they would have long before now.

Anyway, I was only in there for one night in transit and unlikely (I hope) to go back.

Colin, any canny Glaswegians that I know would have been careful to negotiate the pints first!

poshsouthernbird
    Participant

QUOTE (ferox @ Jun 10 2011, 09:17 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Unlike your OH’s goldfish, PSB, this tank is certainly not new, I’d guess it and the fish have been there a long time, and it isn’t in a prominent part of the reception area (a dingy lobby actually) so if anyone was likely to get interested in it they would have long before now.

Anyway, I was only in there for one night in transit and unlikely (I hope) to go back.

Ah, maybe my OH’s just got more natural charm with the ladies than you Ferox /wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” />

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.