LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

How To Tell If A Sand Tiger Shark Is Sedated

Home Forums The Lounge How To Tell If A Sand Tiger Shark Is Sedated

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  coelacanth 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

coelacanth
    Participant

We’re currently at our yearly public aquarium industry conference, the National Aquarium Workshop, so I’m sat at a bureau in my Torquay hotel room (sea views of course), Paul has gone for a look round the hosting institution’s (Living Coasts) plant room (I went earlier on). The evening event doesn’t start until 7 so I’ve got a bit of time to watch the football (bloody dull so far) and drink some tea before my liver takes a(nother) battering.
    Highlights so far today, seeing the biggest Anableps I’ve ever seen in my life in one of Living Coasts’ displays (these thing are like mullet, biggest is maybe 14″ and as thick as my wrist!!), and learning that a standard indicator for the sedation level in a large Elasmobranch is the “anal sphincter relaxation test”. I’m not going let Paul buy me any drinks later, I saw him in conversation with one of the vets earlier and I don’t want him getting any ideas…..

We’re getting lots of pictures, so will add to this thread as and when.

Matt
    Keymaster

Sounds interesting, you two make it back alive??

coelacanth
    Participant

Aye, in work today, got back in well under 5 hours. The advantage of a hire car is that you can treat it like it’s dirty.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.