LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

I place or not?

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes I place or not?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  F. Lange Santos 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

F. Lange Santos
    Participant

I’m more interested in putting a fish in my tank, I was thinking of a Betta splendens or Macropodus opercularis.

My fear is the zebrafish begin to bother the Betta. When had previously placed paradise, the principle zebrafish attacked, but soon after it ceased. Does this also happen with the Betta?

Size: 43 liters
    Nitrogen zeroed since the last measurement (need to buy the tests)
    pH: 7.2 since the last measurement (also need to buy the test)
    Filtration: Atman HF-0300 with approximate 70g Sera Siporax Mini (biological) and wool (physical)
    Temperature: 27 ° C
    Thermostat HOPAR 75W in disuse at the moment because the temperature of the atmosphere
    Flora: Salvinias
    Fauna: 2 male platys, 11-12 zebrafish (have to tell, a great challenge, since the guys do not stop quiet)
    Current supply: 6 times per week with the first meal and second meal Alcon Colours with JBL Vert respectively.

Byron Hosking
    Participant

By zebrafish, do you mean the Zebra danio, Brachydanio rerio (may sometimes be seen as Danio rerio)?

I’ll presume this is the fish.  First, it is a shoaling fish that must be kept in a group of six or more.  Second, it is an active swimming fish and thus needs more space than a 43 litre/10 gallon tank.  Third, active fish are not good tankmates for sedate fish like Betta or Macropodus opercularis.

If the zebra is a different fish, I may revise this.

Byron.

F. Lange Santos
    Participant

Is Danio rerio…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.