LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Identify Small catfish?

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Identify Small catfish?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  The.Dark.One 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Kd7ura
    Participant

i used to have a small catfish it lived about 10 years was only about 2.5 inches,

bought at an aquarium store in a tank of Upside down catfish around 1994.

never swam upside down so i bought it. got it cheap cause it might have been sick.

ive got a few books on cats but cant find any names on this type.

ive got a few Png of other cats that look very similar, my cat looked most like the white one but was brown and black similar to the dark one pictured below but striped like the white one.

it wasnt like the akysis varius it had a nice texture to its skin but the same size.

came out in the day but not Often, would disappear for months at a time then just show up.

” tank size was 2x2X10 Feet 300 gal. well planted and wood structures. black water”

cat would curl up into a circle in my palm when held, very docile,

Tan-Catfish.pngBrown-Catfish.pngAkysis-varius-Nonn.jpgWhite-Cat-fish.png

Reva
    Participant

It reminds me of Banjo cats. have you looked at the Planet Catfish website? Look at this guy in their Cat-a-log

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/species.php?species_id=25

oaken
    Participant

A Hara species perhaps?

The.Dark.One

The top fish is Hara minuscula, the next Hara jerdoni, then Akysis maculipinnis, then Hara horai. Based on what you described I would guess your fish was Erethistes pusillus

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.