LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Indostomus paradoxus

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Indostomus paradoxus

This topic contains 19 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  darren636 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 78 total)
  • Author

Senor Bastardo
    Participant

Upon Matt´s request I´m posing a picture of one of my Indostomus. The species is surprisingly hardy when considering their small size and delicate body. They won´t take anything but live food so I am feeding them moina, bbs and microfex. I`ve tried grindal a couple of times but they won´t touch it. Since they are in a tank of their own they are not very shy but they are not the most gregarious of creatures.

Attached files

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Lovely fish

Senor Bastardo
    Participant

Sorry forgot to mention that, it´s from head to tail, about 2,5-3 centimeters or about an inch

Colin
    Participant

I found a similar problem with pipefish was that they wouldn’t take grindal worms either… good to know as i have been thinking about these toothpicks for a while now!

Senor Bastardo
    Participant

They will however go for anything else live that fits into their mouths.

oaken
    Participant

Not jealous at all, Krister. Not jealous at all..

I also had the same experience with a Doryichthys species in that they refused to take grindal worms

Bully
    Participant

Lovely looking fish, great pic. of a fish that’s so small!

Matt
    Keymaster

No jealousy here either. < {POST_SNAPBACK}>

they are not the most gregarious of creatures.

Are they actively territorial with one another then?

Senor Bastardo
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Aug 15 2010, 01:07 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    No jealousy here either.

tyrano34

Hello, before yesterday I finished the page of information on my forum and I am doing some research into several languages.

Those who have more information are German, but I still seek the parameters of the lake.

In the meantime I think you’ll enjoy exploring the lake bottom, a link to a friend Japanese botanist.
    http://equator.web.fc2.com/myanmar-indawgyi2.htm

oaken
    Participant

QUOTE (tyrano34 @ Oct 12 2010, 07:54 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hello, before yesterday I finished the page of information on my forum and I am doing some research into several languages.

Those who have more information are German, but I still seek the parameters of the lake.

In the meantime I think you’ll enjoy exploring the lake bottom, a link to a friend Japanese botanist.
    http://equator.web.fc2.com/myanmar-indawgyi2.htm

Thanks for the link!

Matt
    Keymaster

Oooh Puntius erythromycter in natural habitat…sweet!!

Bully
    Participant

Fantastic link! Those underwater habitat shots are superb, and the meadows of Vallisneria sp. are very inspiring, not to mention easy to re-create for many hobbyists. Not me though, my water is far too soft to sustain any Vallisneria I have tried.

Interesting to see how under-nourished the Puffer appears, I suppose this is typical for many wild fish in reality.

tyrano34

thank you, I just saw that I had never checked the notifications.
    Now I saw my mistake, I would come see you more often.

It is very important to communicate to advance, because many habitats are in danger and when it’s not global warming is humans who destroyed due to a lack of information.

Senor Bastardo
    Participant

To quote Borat “GREAT SUCCESS”.

Yesterday I found a fry in the tank of my Indostomus, or rather I sucked it up when changing water. Returned it to the tank but haven´t seen it since, but that means that it should only be a matter of time before I can find some more hopefully.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.