LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Is My Cuckoo Pregnant?

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Is My Cuckoo Pregnant?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

shona08

hi im new to this site and was hoping for some help, i have seven cuckoo catfish and ive noticed that one of the females has got a very bloated tummy and she’s gone darker in colour to the rest, she’s also become quite aggresive towards the others and is defending one area of the tank, is this normal behaviour or is she pregnant, or is there something else wrong, could anyone help please?

Attached files

Richy
    Participant

Hi Shona, most Syno’s are territorial anyway so it may be that. I don’t know anything about pregnant syno’s so can’t help you out there /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />
    I used to have a syne angelicus and it was VERY territorial but it was against a 10″ L24 cactus plec and he always won

Matt
    Keymaster

Hi Shona, welcome to the site. /tongue.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:p” border=”0″ alt=”tongue.gif” /> ) or it could have something wrong with it internally. Another option could be that it’s the dominant fish in the group and is stealing all the food so is getting fat! Have you noticed that fish becoming more aggressive at feeding time and do you always put the food in the tank at the same place? How long have you had the fish? How big is it? Sorry for all the questions but it’ll help us make a more accurate diagnosis for you.

Author
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.