LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Is There One

Home Forums The Lounge Is There One

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ricefish
    Participant

Not sure if this the place but here goes
    Does anyone know of a book on European Killies.Not too technical
    Thanks in advance

Matt
    Keymaster

Kottelat and Freyhof’s ‘Handbook of European Freshwater Fishes’ covers them and is very good indeed but not sure if there’s a dedicated book available. Our section on Aphanius is getting better but still missing some images and some stuff about Valencia spp. will be added at some point.

ricefish
    Participant

i must say your knowledge base is very good and have read many of the entries in there as they include all the neccesary info and well laid out.after 20 yrs away to see the European killies so well distributed was great as i’d only ever seen Mento before.i’ve been lucky enough to talk to several breeders first hand and get great information from them but it’s always nice to have it in hard copy aswell.will lookout for the recommended book
    thanks

Matt
    Keymaster

Thanks a lot for the nice comments, always appreciated! /rolleyes.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:rolleyes:” border=”0″ alt=”rolleyes.gif” />

johnpeten
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Dec 16 2009, 02:17 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Thanks a lot for the nice comments, always appreciated! /rolleyes.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:rolleyes:” border=”0″ alt=”rolleyes.gif” />

Matt you are doing a great job don’t be embararrassed, especially with cichlids. As you know I am a member of a major cichlid forum with one of the best databases available. With many international experts helping there is still a lot of confusion. Ciclids alone are a lifetimes work.
    John

Matt
    Keymaster

Thanks John and yeah I know; I’m dreading the Rift Lake stuff, for example…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.