LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Is This A Male?

Home Forums My Aquarium Is This A Male?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Bluedave 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Fishwife
    Participant

I bought a trio of female Bettas today and when I got them home I’m sure this is a male, what do you think?

Sorry about the quality of the pic, but you can see its shape. I saw it flare a couple of times, but when I put it in a jar to study it better, it got stress stripes which males don’t usually get. It’s got an ovipositor but some male Plakats can have that. Also its ventrals are a bit short for a male, I’m really confused on this one and would appreciate your help, thanks

james2010
    Participant

QUOTE (Fishwife @ Oct 10 2009, 12:24 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I bought a trio of female Bettas today and when I got them home I’m sure this is a male, what do you think?

Sorry about the quality of the pic, but you can see its shape. I saw it flare a couple of times, but when I put it in a jar to study it better, it got stress stripes which males don’t usually get. It’s got an ovipositor but some male Plakats can have that. Also its ventrals are a bit short for a male, I’m really confused on this one and would appreciate your help, thanks

Bluedave
    Participant

It’s a male by the looks – somebody will identify the exact species in a bit I expect!

Don’t put it in another tank with another male – theres no need.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.