LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

It became nearly impossible to login…

Home Forums Feedback, Suggestions and Support It became nearly impossible to login…

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  mikev 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

mikev
    Participant

Something weird is happening lately… when I log in to the forum, the forum still shows me as not logged in… this tends to go for about an hour, and then I’m in and can post.

Matt, please try to figure out what is happening…. I’m not the only one affected, and this is rather discouraging… waiting an hour to post means often that I would not be able to post.

Plaamoo
    Participant

Also happened to me a few times. Wouldn’t accept my login. I just left and came back later and ll was well.

Matt
    Keymaster

@dunc ?

Plaamoo
    Participant

Happened again today. Required my log in and when I supplied correct info it wouldn’t accept it. I just left and came back later and I was logged in

mikev
    Participant

Happens to me every time now,…the wait time seems to be one hour… and unless I do get in, I cannot even see this thread!

I think I’m giving up for now.

dunc
    Keymaster

Should be resolved now… fingers crossed.

Plaamoo
    Participant

I just went through it again. Tried to log in this morning and site was down. Tried later and required login but wouldn’t accept. Waited an hour or so and now I’m logged in. Sorry dunc.

Plaamoo
    Participant

I just logged out and tried to log back in as an experiment. No dice! So I changed my password and still no dice. I got back in now through a pm notification in my email. I’m using firefox by the way.

Plaamoo
    Participant

Another experiment. I went to explorer and logged in with no problems! Might be a firefox issue????

mikev
    Participant

I just logged out and tried to log back in as an experiment. No dice!

Identical on my home computer, still hopeless.

But from my work office machine used this moment, no problems.

Firefox on both.

BillT
    Participant

I have had this problem off and on for a while. I only consider it a minor problem because it is usually working for me when I come back later.

It happened again today and I noticed that although the page had seemingly loaded the tab (I’m using Firefox) still had the spinny thing going indicating it was still loading something. So I when to another tab to do something and can back after a few minutes and the spinny thing had stopped spinning, but the number of unread posts was still at zero.

I then refreshed the page (clicking the circle arrow thing at the right of the address space) and up popped the number of unread posts.

Other than the number of unread posts and the highlighting of those posts in the drop list of new/unread posts, the site has worked fine for me.

I would suggest trying a page refresh when this happens.

mikev
    Participant

Refresh was tried every time, never helped.
    Attempts to login again (including with changed password) never helped.
    Coming back later (I do think 1 hour is the required amount) work, but :(
    Now, using MSIE instead of Firefox, as plaamoo suggested: mixed results. One time worked perfectly (instant login with MSIE), but the other time MSIE simply could not read seriouslyFish at all (while Firefox in another window could).
    And today (Surprise!) Firefox logged me in instantly, this has not happened for a month. I doubt this will continue …

So yes, it does depend on the browser/computer used *somehow*.

Matt
    Keymaster

We’ve just updated the site and forum so guess this is a side-issue. Massive apologies guys, Dunc is looking at it.

Matt
    Keymaster

This should be working now – please post in here if you continue to experience problems guys.

mikev
    Participant

No improvement with Firefox, IE works on my home machine (but it did work before).

I think this bug is somehow linked to negative time reported on the posts (like right this moment:

Last Post mikev
    Sewellia numbering yet again.
    -7000 seconds ago

) since in both cases the problem persists for one hour.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.