LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

I've Got My Neolebias Trilineatus Spawning Again.

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes I've Got My Neolebias Trilineatus Spawning Again.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

mickthefish
    Participant

hi all
    after losing my old females i was only left with two young males, but on a recent trip down to Peterborough i found a tank with a good mix of sexes so i picked up two very nice plump females.
    after a week the two pairs were put together .
    now i have fry again.
    here’s a short vid of the fry the day they became free swimmers and a pic of one of the fry taken today.enjoy.

mick

dunc
    Keymaster

Nice work Mick

mickthefish
    Participant

hi Dunc, i’ve bred this species on and off for the last 8 yrs, but after losing the females i was on the hunt for some, any shop selling them up here was probably going to be from the same bloodline as i used to supply the shops with youngsters.
    i’ve found this an easy fish to breed the main thing with them is having enough paramecium to feed the fry as they are on this food for around two weeks befor they can take micro worm and bbs.
    here’s another pic of the males in breeding colours.

mick

dunc
    Keymaster

Nice mate, he looks really smart

oaken
    Participant

Nice fish and good job /blink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:blink:” border=”0″ alt=”blink.gif” /> No idea what could have caused it, and no other fish in the same tank died. Never got around to breeding them either.

Whats your way of culturing paramecium by the way?

mickthefish
    Participant

dunc it’s hard to tell how many are in there, as soon as i go to that tank the fry hit the mulm.
    and yes i’ll be selling them on once big enough to sex.

oaken
    we get a starter culture over here of paramecium, the label said to feed them on gram flour, which you know for making onion bhajees.
    thats what happened to my females, funny innit.

mick

Matt
    Keymaster

Wow good work the males in breeding colours are stunning mate. /sad.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:(” border=”0″ alt=”sad.gif” />

dunc
    Keymaster

I had a problem with it but found pausing then restarting helped.

Matt
    Keymaster

Thank you C3PO…

mickthefish
    Participant

i did a rough count as now they are alot bigger, and i counted over 40 but there’s probably more that were hiding.

mick

just added this short vid of the fry as they are today.

Matt
    Keymaster

I love watching fry feed.

Author
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.