LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Japanese Giant Hornet

Home Forums The Lounge Japanese Giant Hornet

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  keith565 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

Well I was doing a bit of reading this arvo and thought these were worth posting about.

Pic – http://www.naturenet.net

Origin – This subspecies is only found in Japan, but it also occurs in Primorsky Krai, Korea, China, Taiwan (where it is called the “tiger bee”), Indochina, Nepal, India and Sri Lanka according to Wikipedia.

Why avoid it? – Said to have the strongest venom of any wasp (although this may be because of the amount injected rather than its potency), up to 40 people die from its sting each year. It has enormous mandibles that are used to kill its prey and the stinger measures just under 6.5mm! View Original Movie

Attached files

Richy
Participant

very interesting but I hope they stay over there as I hate bees and wasp etc since I was stung in the mouth by one as a youngster. It was inside my can of pop and stung me in the gob /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />

Malti
Participant

saw that vid couple of days ago…shows that native species are best equipped against the native predators, thats why alien species shouldn’t be introduced

keith565
Participant

wow, mother nature never ceases to amaze me. great photography too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.