LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Just Got A New Fluval Edge!

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Just Got A New Fluval Edge!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  stusimpala 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

stusimpala

So I just got a new Fluval Edge aquarium!!

I want to know what you all think as to what I should do as far as stocking it.

I am thinking low light plants (Java Fern and some small Anubias) and a sand substrate.
    I want to put in some smooth stones with some small tree roots or branches.

I plan to keep snails or some ghost shrimp for cleanup duties.

As far as fish, I am leaning toward either as small school of Glowlight Danio(Not the genetically enhanced Zebra Danio dry.gif ), or a trio of Dwarf Puffers. I could easily feed the puffers with the snails produced by my community tank.

I don’t really want to keep anything too common. You don’t really see the Glowlight Danios or the Dwarf Puffers everyday.

Feel free to let me know what you would do?

Bluedave
    Participant

I’d do something very similar to you mate!!!

Malti
    Participant

I’d vote for puffers!

stusimpala

Any other ideas folks?

stusimpala

Here is my setup:

Stock list:

Dwarf Puffers x5
    Cardianl Tetra x6
    Ghost Shrimp x6

Everybody seems to be getting along. I may eventually move the Cardinals if the puffers get too nasty.

What do you guys think?

Attached files

Bluedave
    Participant

looking good mate.

Thats a lot of puffers in a small space – i’d keep a close eye.

stusimpala

It’s been up close to a month now, no problems yet. Everybody is happy as….something that’s happy.

Bluedave
    Participant

QUOTE (stusimpala @ Mar 20 2010, 12:07 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    It’s been up close to a month now, no problems yet. Everybody is happy as….something that’s happy.

/laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

Tank is looking good!

stusimpala

Unfortunately, a case of Ich broke out and killed ALL the fish. I tried medication and increased water flow, but it had no effect at all. I just kept losing them one by one.
    All I have left are the snails and shrimp. I am unable to increase the temperature in the tank because the heater is non-adjustable, it is designed to maintain 78F degrees. The heater is specially designed to fit in this aquarium.

It’s been a week since they have all died off.
    How can I tell if I have rid the tank of Ich? I don’t want to buy more puffers just for them to get infected again. I have done a 60% water change since the extinction.

Should I treat again with Nox Ich (the medication I use) or should I try something else?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.